Wednesday 5 January 2011

Evaluation question 4

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


This is an extremely important aspect of my music magazine. I am representing a particular social group which is crucial to this day and age. I am representing a hopeful however fun, smart and educated audience. I have shown this by the kind of vocabulary i have used throughout the magaizne and the constant optimistic attitude I have used throughout typgraphy,  for example swirly brightly coloured writing.
 I have decided to come to terms with what the youth do nowadays instead of campaigning against it so over all like everyone else does, however not to say that I promoting drug taking throughout my magazine. The magazine is basically on the audience side, for example I have tried to show this by my model having an unlit cigarette hanging out of his mouth. This will attract my target audience to the magazine as now its got something in common with them. I have also based the background on a graffiti site which is significant as many students whom study art are into graffiti ,This will also attract them. My models style and attitude throughout the magazine is positive and fashionable and in date, this will also attract the correct audience as he is wearing chino trousers which are currently in fashion especially in American apparel and urban outfitters which are on the front cover advertised as a shoot and as a competition. This is compared to existing music magaizne such as NME which also promotes style through the front cover of their magazines my dressing the subject in fashionable clothes. This is a smart way to relate personally to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment