Thursday 25 November 2010

Research and planning in depth. Relating to music magazine


This is the magazine which is mostly suited to the magazine genre that I want to create as this will be great help to me as I will form my ideas from here to see what and how they apply their techniques to their target audience. For instance, although mixmag is about dance music and drum and bass, they have Madonna on the front cover in which she caters for pop music. This shows great controversial skills and inspires me to expand my target audience as this obviously attracts a wider target audience.
The masthead on this magazine matches the format very successfully, it is a pale pink which stands out on the wooden textured background, it also emphasised Madonna and makes her look like the subject of the magazine rather than the masthead. It is spread across the very top of the page and is bold and peculiar. The circular motion that is going on behind the M on the masthead suggests the genre of the magazine hugely; it almost resembles a large speaker which is pumping out loud music. I will bear this in mind for my magazine as this is dropping minor hints which could make a huge impact on the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment